Hey everyone!
Just a few thoughts from LA today,
First, I'm back in the United States (for a few days anyways). It feels good and its nice to be home to spend some quality time with familiar faces. On Friday Im off to Canada, where my padre, grandpadre, uncle and brother already are. Most of you know Katie Frick, but shes coming with and thank goodness because otherwise I would be surrounded by wayyy to much testosterone lol. We will be staying in a cabin in a lake for the week so it will be a good time of swimming,canoeing, hiking, smores and all that jazz. :) Plus...by the time I get back ill be 21 FINALLY! lol! I'm excited about that too of course. However, the likelihood of me having cell service is slim, so if you text me it may not make it just fyi, so if you want my attention you have until Friday afternoon to get it. haha. We will be pretty much no where near civilization in the Madawaska Valley in Ontario.
Second, I wanted to share about my morning. It was funny in that it could have been straight out of "don't sweat the small stuff"....
So I went up to my old middle school courts to shoot some hoops and I got about 20-25 mins in of mostly form shooting (baby steps....baby steps...) and getting into the zone, when about at least like 40-50 kids come up from the school and swarm the courts. Must have been a summer camp or something. But anyways one of the little boys came up to me and took my ball out of my hands without asking and was like "is this a real old ball?" lol. (So, I guess its time for me to get a new one, but I am attached with this one its been everywhere with me! ) And then a few mins later another little boy came running up to me and was like "Here have my ball (it was a rubber kickball type ahah), lets trade I want that one" and so I was thinking great...I get to hurt the little boys feelings...cause I'm like trying to actually concentrate on what I'm doing and I realize that this inst going to work out so all I had the gumption to say was "sorry i got to go". So as I walked back to my car the boys were running off and one of them said "give me that b*#$!" to another boy (referring to the kickball)!! Crump, I think you should come to MoCo and teach these kids some manners.
kids these days.... Although I know Elijah is way nicer and cuter (and polite) :).
So! I scratched that and was like...alright...i guess ill go running...but i went up the high school and the track gate was locked....so my plan to test out my mile for real was thwarted....So instead I started out on my usual route around the lakes by my house and today of all days they were repaving the roads! So I was running and diverting all these construction workers, trucks and machines (and the workers glares...ugh). It kinda upset my usually peaceful runs by nature.
But! Tomorrows another day to get on the court (guess ill go earlier in the morning) and ill get creative for my running I suppose.
So yeah! I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer, and getting some quality workouts in. Cant wait to see you all and I'm dying to play some ball. Its been like 9 weeks since I've played at least some pick up...that's a long time...and yes I have been counting!
<3
LA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my goodness..from nearly 8 weeks of summer camp i've learned kids have no respect anymore.. no i run a tight ship at camp, all my kids say please/thank you and we have a zero tolerence policy for foul language..i snaped at one kid so bad omgoodness he was scarred shitless, never had a problem again and her mom thanked me the next day hahaha
ReplyDelete